Spring can be a great time to remodel your home and if you want to give your interior space a facelift, carpet can be a great addition to any home. If you’re considering remodeling your home, there are a number of decisions you need to make in regards to budget, style, design, but one easy decision is to include carpet as the flooring option for your home. Whether you’re redesigning a recently purchased home or the home you’ve owned for many years, carpet adds value, style, and much more to an interior space.
1. Cost Effective Flooring – Carpet is one of the most cost effective flooring options on the market. It offers value and many enhancements for your home. If you’re looking to upgrade your flooring, carpet is a great option and a great value.
2. Cost Effective (and Simple) Cleaning – Cleaning is another major benefit carpet has over other types of flooring. Some hard floor surfaces require extensive and expensive cleaning throughout the life of the floor. However, with carpet, regular vacuuming and an annual deep cleaning are all that is necessary to keep carpet looking great and lasting for its intended life.
3. Design Options – Carpet offers so many options for you to create the indoor space you’ve always wanted. Color options allow you make a space appear more open, while a darker shade gives a room more coziness. The style of carpet offers can be related to comfort too. Cut pile, loop, and other designs allow you to give a specific feel and comfort for your indoor space.
4. Sustainability – Carpet’s sustainability factor is something not many people consider, but should be a part of your purchasing decision. The carpet industry has worked hard to ensure that its products are sustainable and environmentally friendly.
5. Comfort and Warmth Carpet offers something no other flooring does: comfort. Carpet provides sure footing and traction that other floor surfaces do not. Also among the other benefits of carpet is insulation. Many surfaces are cold on your feet, but carpet helps keep your feet warm.
6. Indoor Air Quality – Another often overlooked consideration for your purchasing decision is indoor air quality (IAQ). IAQ is becoming more-and-more important in today’s world as the EPA reports that we spend approximately 90% of our time indoors, which puts a premium on the air you breathe. Carpet improves IAQ by trapping dust and allergens in the home, which are removed through vacuuming, and by certifications like Green Label Plus, which certifies that carpet is a low emitter of volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Overall, carpet is a great flooring option you should consider for your home. Its benefits are well known and will add to the value, comfort, and health of your home.
Article Published by The Carpet & Rug Institute (CRI)